The optical transceivers at both ends of the optical fiber jumper must have the same wavelength. The two ends of the optical fiber must be optical modules of the same wavelength. The simple distinction is that the color of the optical module must be the same. In general, short-wavelength optical modules use multimode fiber (orange fiber), and long-wavelength optical modules use single-mode fiber (yellow fiber) to ensure data transmission accuracy.
Do not over-bend and wrap the fiber during use, which will increase the attenuation of light during transmission.
After the fiber jumper is used, the fiber connector must be protected with a protective cover. Dust and oil can damage the coupling of the fiber.
If the fiber connector is dirty, you can use a cotton swab to clean the alcohol, otherwise it will affect the communication quality.
1. The fiber jumper ceramic ferrule and the ferrule end face must be wiped clean with alcohol and absorbent cotton before use.
2. The minimum bending radius of the fiber is not less than 150mm when used.
3. Protect the ferrule and the ferrule end face to prevent bumps and pollution, and bring the dust cap in time after disassembly.
4. Do not look directly at the fiber end face when the laser signal is transmitted.
5. In case of damage caused by man-made and other force majeure factors, the damaged fiber jumper should be replaced in time.
6. Read the instructions carefully before installation and install and debug under the guidance of the manufacturer or dealer.
7. If an abnormal situation occurs in the optical network or the system, the fault elimination method can be used to test one by one. You can do the continuity test when testing or troubleshooting the jumper. You can usually use the visible laser pointer to judge the entire fiber link. Or further use the precision fiber insertion loss loss detector to test its various indicators. If the indicator is within the qualified range, the jumper indication is normal, otherwise it is unqualified.