1. Classified by transmission performance, distance and usage. Can be divided into long-distance optical cable, local optical cable, submarine optical cable and user optical cable.
2. Classified according to the type of fiber. Can be divided into multimode fiber optic cable, single mode fiber optic cable.
3. Classification according to the method of fiber optic sleeve molding. Can be divided into tight cable, loose cable, bundle tube cable and ribbon multi-core unit cable.
4. According to the number of fiber cores. Can be divided into single-core optical cable, dual-core optical cable, four-core optical cable, six-core optical cable, eight-core optical cable, twelve-core optical cable and twenty-four core optical cable.
5. according to the reinforcement configuration method classification cable can be divided into central reinforcement member cable (such as layer twisted cable, skeleton cable, etc.), dispersion reinforcement member cable (such as beam tube both sides of the reinforcement cable and flat cable), sheath reinforcement Optical cable (such as bundled steel wire armored cable) and PE outer sheath plus a certain number of fine steel wire PE fine steel wire outer sheath cable.
6. Sort by laying method. Optical cables can be divided into ducted optical cables, direct buried optical cables, overhead optical cables, and underwater optical cables.
7. Classification according to the nature of the material of the sheath. The optical cable can be divided into a polyethylene sheath ordinary optical cable, a polyvinyl chloride protective layer flame-retardant optical cable and a nylon anti-ant anti-rat optical cable.
8. according to the transmission conductor, medium condition classification. Optical cables can be classified into metal-free optical cables, ordinary optical cables, and integrated optical cables.
9. According to the structural mode, the optical cable can be divided into flat structure optical cable, layer twisted structural optical cable, skeleton structural optical cable, armored structural optical cable (including single and double layer armor) and high density user optical cable.
10. commonly used communication optical cable can be divided according to the use environment
(1) Room (wild) external optical cable - optical cable used for outdoor direct burial, pipelines, channels, tunnels, overhead and underwater laying.
(2) Soft fiber optic cable - a movable optical cable with excellent flexural energy.
(3) Optical cable in the room (office) - suitable for indoor cable deployment.
(4) Optical cable inside the equipment - the optical cable used for laying in the equipment.
(5) Submarine cable - used for cable laying across the ocean.
(6) Special optical cable - in addition to the above categories, special purpose optical cable